The Positive Youth Programmes aims to provide a comprehensive service to young people by working with them to facilitate their personal, social and educational, development, encouraging them to use PYP as a platform to develop their voice and to reach their full potential.
- To help young people, especially but not exclusively through leisure time activities, so as to develop their capabilities that they may grow to full maturity as individuals and members of society.
- To develop the capacity and skills of the youth of the socially and economically disadvantaged community in such a way that they are better able to identify, and help meet, their needs and to participate more fully in society
- To promote social inclusion for the public benefit by preventing youth from becoming socially excluded, relieving the needs of those people who are socially excluded and assisting them to integrate into society
- Reaching out and responding appropriately to the expressed needs of young people.
- Working towards the improvement of services for young people either by our own action or by collective action with others.
- The dissemination of relevant information in particular with regard to sexual health education, human rights and careers development
PYP runs the Dignity Restored Project which provides girls from disadvantaged backgrounds with sanitary products, the football campaign which provides youths a platform for peer education through interaction and sharing experiences.It also coordinates the Pahushamwari Trust Fund which was set up to raise funds for children struggling to pay their education fees in Zimbabwe among many other ongoing projects.
registered charity number 1132725